On Hold

Benjamin had a great day yesterday. He started playing, smiling, and dancing again (he does an adorable shoulder shrug). It appeared as though he might be heading in the right direction until last night when Benjamin started with a low fever. The fever continued throughout the day. It is controlled temporarily with Tylenol, but then goes back up once the Tylenol wears off. When his fever is just slightly elevated, he becomes lethargic again and drifts back off to sleep.

Over the past 24 hours, the respiratory therapists have been able to wean his oxygen a bit. Tonight, however, Benjamin’s O2 sats are low and the oxygen had to be increased. We are waiting for cultures to return to see if they can find a reason for the new fever. If nothing comes up from the trach or blood cultures, they might “tap” the shunt to test for an infection. Our plans to move to the floor have been put on hold.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s